Quantum Ripples are items in the game the player can interact with that will affect the following episode in the television show. If the player doesn't activate them, they do not appear. There are eight to find in total.
List of Ripples and EffectsEdit
- In the level Campus Escape, an equation can be found on a board in the University laboratory solving the problem on the "core stability" for the time machine. If the equation is solved, two employees in the Monarch cafeteria in Monarch Solutions will mention how it was solved. In terms of long term effects that the player won't see, it will causes these ripples to occur:
- The University time machine's core will be stabilized and the time machine at HQ will be primed.
- A power outage will occur in the town of "Ordinary" in Maine, causing a sudden rise of violent crime throughout the night.
- A lab assistant named Weinz will leave work early to find his wife having an affair with the mailman. He will end up killing both and find himself in jail for their murder.
- Another lab assistant would rush to the lab to see the solved equation, but suffers a car accident that kills him.
- The numbers "01122" form part of the results when the solved equation is implemented into the machine. One of the staff, named Ben Jones, chooses the numbers 11 and 22 as part of his lottery ticket and wins the jackpot.
- In the junction Hardline/PR, Paul can find a ram statuette and if he does, he will order it to be transported to the HQ. If found, as Liam is walking up to Charlie's office, employees can be seen taking pictures with it. In terms of long term effects that the player won't see, it will causes these ripples to occur:
- Two employees part of the "Safe Guard Unit" kill each other fighting over the statuette when trying to steal it.
- Due to employees taking photos with it, the ram will start trending on social media.
- The state of Utah will start legal proceedings against Monarch, though it is unknown why
- A sudden spike will occur in the dairy product commodities market.
- In the level Industrial Area, when Jack walks into a security room with Commander Ogawa and Serene having a telephone conversation, an invitation to the Monarch gala can be found. Jack can take this away, causing "Senior broker" Haskins to lose his invite. In terms of long term effects that the player won't see, it will causes these ripples to occur:
- Haskins will be late to the gala, where his wife will divorce him and be forced to go on "burn out" leave.
- Haskin's invite is sold on eBay by somebody using a pseudonym (a fake name) called "Blanch McDougal".
- Monarch own certain butterflies around Riverport, and will be found dead on the coasts.
- In the level Ground Zero, a "Rexes" football team standee with a dinosaur can be found in Will's workshop within Ground Zero. If Jack interacts with it, it will be pulled from time as time moves forward and is eventually found in Prisoner by Charlie Wincott and Fiona Miller as they are walking from the gala together. In terms of long term effects that the player won't see, it will causes these ripples to occur:
- A closed loop paradox will occur, where the standee will be found in 2011 by the "Riverport Rexes" and would adapt it as their mascot. By adapting it as their mascot, the standee can find its way to 2010 where the standee will be found by the Rexes and the loop continues.
- A university fraternity prank see's the standee end up on a rowboat on Gull Island after it is found by Charlie and Fiona.
- The exact same standee goes missing from Ground Zero in 2016, hence the cause of the ripple.